A billet is used by Feralpi Group mainly for the production of reinforcing steel with improved adherence for reinforced concrete, round plain wire rod, drawn wire and profiled wire rod.
Quality and special steel billets for mechanical work to be subsequently cold rolled or pressed are produced by the subsidiary Acciaierie di Calvisano. All classes of fine-grain alloy and microalloy steels, with controlled sulphur content, are made using ladle furnaces and are subjected to rigorous chemical analyses.
|Production units||Cross-section mm||Weight Kg/m||Billet length m||Minimum lot t|
|Acciaierie di Calvisano||120||110||2,4 – 14||75|
|ESF||130||131||6 – 13||70|
- Reinforcing steels in accordance with the main international standards
- Non-alloy steels for structural applications (carbon steels)
- Quenching and tempering steels
- Steels for springs
- Steels for nuts and bolts
- Steel for forging
- Cementation steels
- Surface hardening steels
- Creep-resistant low-allow steels
- Micro-alloy steels